+ gov't park fees
- Qualified, experienced friendly guide
- Paddling instruction
- Environmental interpretation
- All safety and paddling equipment
- Snorkeling gear and instruction
- Homemade morning nibblies
- Luscious lunch
- Stinger suit when necessary
- Drybag - to keep your gear safe and dry
- Bookings essential
- Trip starts 8.20am, South Mission Beach
- Courtesy pick-up is available from all accommodation in Mission Beach
- Minimum age limit is 13 years
Dunk Island Day Trip
Come and enjoy Dunk Island as nature intended. An adventurous and active way to explore Dunk Island, away from the noise and bustle of motors, simply glide along the surface of the water and enjoy the views of the fringing coral reef and watch for sea turtles and rays to swim past. The beaches we visit are within the island's National Park, unspoilt natural sandy and coral beaches backed by lush tropical rainforest.
We leave South Mission Beach and paddle across to Dunk Island, this is an easy paddle and we will teach you all the paddling skills you might need. Whilst crossing we may be able to see dolphins and turtles. Stopping at a nearby island for a homemade midmorning snack we then paddling on to explore the shallow inshore waters of Dunk Island's beautiful coastline.
On Dunk Island we have time to relax on the beach or try snorkelling to get a closer look at the coral and tropical fish in the warm clear waters. Lunch will be a selection of delicious salads, cold cuts and tropical fruit. In the afternoon we can enjoy a walk through the rainforest and learn about the island ecology and history.
Our friendly guides have a heaps of interesting facts about these islands and their wild inhabitants. Then we can return to our kayaks for the afternoon paddle to further explore the nearby islands before our return to the mainland.
What to bring
- A sense of adventure
- Sun hat
- Water bottle
- Sandals or trainers for the forest walk